Wednesday, 6 June 2012

Updating...

So, what have I been up to since I last wrote on here? Well, I took part in our show "We Are All Just Human Beings At Different Stages In Our Lives" and it was tremendous. I met a lot of wonderful people and learned a great deal. We are just waiting now to get together again to look back at what we achieved and where we can create the magic again. I've signed up to take part in a physical theatre summer school and performances at the end of July. I've also applied to be a community participant in another dance performance, this time with choreographer Michael Clarke. I've become obsessed with Tumblr and Matt Smith. I've been poorly - my thyroid went into hypodrive, giving me a massive goitre. I stopped my meds and it seems to have normalised. I'm feeling better now than I have in over a year - I'm out walking again, I'm gardening and I'm cooking. Basically doing all the things I love plus the acting and performance. I completed my second session of evening classes in "Writing For Film", which was really enjoyable and am waiting to apply to do the advanced course this Autumn. I've lost weight too - not a biggie but I feel better for it. And I changed my name - I've moaned for over 40 years about having a name that people pronounce incorrectly. I also felt that I wasn't happy being named after two women - my mother's mother and sister - who I feel did my mum more harm than good. I also wanted a name that is easy to say in terms of my getting more involved in performing again. I also wanted to name myself after one woman who did have a positive impact on my life and who I still feel a lot of love for because she made me the woman I am today - my dad's mum, my nana. So I'm now Jay Ellen. And I like it. Things are a wee bit better on the homefront - Gee is getting regular work with an events company who put up and take down seating for arena shows so we are a wee bit more secure financially. He also got a wee bit of money back from a PPI claim so we were able to treat ourselves. Vee is now in her 5th year at high school - she has done all of her Standard Grade exams and is now studying for Highers. The play she was in earlier this year - "The Grandfathers" is on at the Lyceum Theatre in Edinburgh next week and we are going to see it with her grandparents. She continues to blossom into this amazing, funny, beautiful and talented young woman and I am so proud of her. Roxie Ribbons is fine too - still as mad as ever and enjoying being part of our wacky wee family. My head is bursting with things I want to write about from the sublime to the ridiculous. I have opinions on the Jubalympics, Scottish politics, music, films - you name it. But for now I'll just say it's good to be back and I hope you'll come and join me gain in my mental meanderings xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment