Wednesday, 15 August 2012

Happenin' ?

Sheesh, it's been ages since I last blogged. As ever, I was full of good intentions to keep it up over the summer but shit happens. Unlike our summer. I did take part in the week-long physical theatre workshop and subsequent 3 nights of performance. It was great fun and I met lots of really cool people and also managed to catch up with some others and see a really good work-in-progress show. All but one of the class were women and most were really young but I'm proud to say I managed to keep up with them. I feel that I learned a lot and it's given me another avenue of performance. Unfortunately, the following week, either as a result of my exertions (I lost half a stone in weight and I was doing lots of exercise such as yoga and stretching as well as the actual performing)or whether it just coincided but my thyroid went haywire. I haven't had it checked but I'm sure it went off of the scale again - I had a lot of the symptoms. Add to that I was also coming off of anti-depressants and my body was in a right state. I was sore, tired, feeling down etc. etc. It really knocked me for six but I'm OK now and raring to go. Prior to that I had managed to do a couple of shifts at the Glasgow Women's Library shadowing one of the other volunteer receptionists and that was really good - I was learning how to use the computerised susytem and my wee inner OCD person had a great time tidying up the books and putting them into order. After a wee hiatus, I'm back in tomorrow for a chat and possibly my first shift alone the day after. I decided after giving it a couple of weeks that the Michael Clark Barrowlands Dance Project wasn't for me. Not only did it flag up how unco-ordinated I am but I think I'm happier being part of a smaller group or having a clearly defined role rather than being one of a mass of dancers. It's a great thing to be involved in but just not my thing. Having said that, I'm off to the Citizen's Theatre tomorrow to look at a new project - more on that once I have been. And I'm hoping that there might be some things happening around Platform - I won tickets to see a show next month and there are things going on like quizzes that I'm keen to go to. Again, once I know more... Things are going pretty well here - Gee is getting a steady stream of work through Diamond Events and Vee has just this morning gone back to school after doing really well in her Standard Grades. Despite being an advocate for a few years of being "glad to be grey" I finally gave in yesterday and dyed my hair. My new colour? Bluberry Crush. I look like Loki's mum (or Hank McCoy if you listen to Gee) but I like it. Talking of whom, those of you who follow my Tumblr or see the links on Facebook will know I have a new obsession, one Thomas William Hiddleston. I remain steadfast in my adoration of Messrs. Kane, Smith and West but after my initial sighting of him in the otherwise tedious "Thor" (where I found myself rooting for the bad guy) then immersing myself in "The Hollow Crown" I have given in and become a Hiddlestoner. Ehehehe x

No comments:

Post a Comment