
Taking my first step back onto the world of comedy, I was on local radio last night. All in all, it was a pleasant experience. I fluffed a bit when surprised and asked for a one-liner (I don't do one-liners - to me it's like asking a doctor you meet to have a look at your boil) but then I came back with 3 great gags about the Royal Wedding, so all was OK. A nice wee studio, nestled in the bottom of a tower block, all friendly people. Being on with Charlie helped and Ross Main was nice (he didn't seem to remember me from the first Spoons and the "Sex And The City" incident!). I think it went OK and the feedback I have had so far is positive.
Just a couple of notes for any DJs -
1) Please don't try to do the transatlantic DJ voice when you have a perfectly nice Glasgow twang.
2) If you promise to do something (like play a piece of music that means something to somebody) either do so or say on air that you can't (in this case because the CD player was acting up). Don't whatever you do, say you are playing my favourite track and then put on f*cking "Back In Black" by AC/DC (which I dislike intensely).
3) Get my name right! That always helps. (On explaining that my name is spelled as it is because I was to have been called after my mum's mum and my mum adapted it to the French speling - "What part of France does your granny come from? Clydebank.)
No comments:
Post a Comment