For those of you expecting news of my holiday, sorry, you'll have to wait.
Right now, I am in a real downward spiral and can see no way out.
I've just come back from a fruitless assessment at physiotherapy, where I have been told that my pain is not "acute" so it will be at least 8 weeks til I am seen next.
Add to that a massive ME/ Fibromyalgia flare-up which has had me begging for mercy for the best part of a week. I got an emergency appointment with the newest doctor in our practice on Friday - what a joke! First of all, she confused ME with MS for fuck's sake then started going on about heartburn! When I told her the last lot of anti-inflammatories I got were giving me the shits, she tried to give me another tablet for that, then said it would be OK as the opiate she was prescribing made you constipated!
So I have spent the weekend in a co-codamol haze - I am on 1 gram every 4 hours - and am really at rock bottom. I have cancelled my first open spot in Edinburgh which was due to be next Monday as I can't even remember my own name, never mind any gags and I can't stand up to do stand-up. I really feel like just jacking it all in - like, who am I kidding except myself?
No comments:
Post a Comment