
This blogfest is a series of writing exercises we have to post on the 6th, 8th and 10th of February, and I decided to join in!
This is what the hosts want us to do today, the 6th of February:
Have one of your characters answer the following questions (to make this work to your benefit, choose a character who is the hardest for you to write :) Max 250 words (Not including the questions—only the answers).
(I have chosen the romantic interest/antagonist from the film premise I am currently writing for my evening class. His name is Ben Townsend and he is a volunteer field reseacher on a seal monitoring project in Orkney. In my mind's eye he currently looks a bit like Bernard Cummerbund here from "Sherlock" and "War Horse".)

1. What is your biggest vulnerability? Do others know this or is it a secret?
Definitely that I am not a human man at all but a Selkie. I am a shape changer who can slough off his sealskin and walk among you. Keep that to yourself, OK?
2. What do people believe about you that is false?
That I am a mild-mannered student from St. Andrew's University. I’m also on a mission but my motives aren’t as they appear.
3. What would your best friend say is your fatal flaw? Why?
I don’t have the luxury of a best friend as I am cut off from my kind. Flaws – maybe all the lies I tell (ssshhh!).
4. What would the same friend say is your one redeeming quality? Why?
I don’t want to be redeemed. Just avenged.
5. What do you want most? What will you do to get it?
A baby. Then revenge. Just you watch me.
Interesting answers. A baby as revenge? Poor little infant. Great entry. You have a new follower : me, Roland
ReplyDeleteHi Roland - thanks and welcome to my nonsense xxx
DeleteWhoa. so cool! And totally makes me wonder if he lied his way through the interview, lol :)
ReplyDeleteThat's a distinct possibility. Tune in on Wedensday Cassie xxx
DeleteHi, Funny Girl! I'm a new follower.
ReplyDeleteBen wanting a baby threw me. I want to know why! :) Good job!
Thanks Emily - welcome and stay tuned. This is an ongonig project I'm workshopping in class xxx
Deleteoh, firstly I love Bernard... and Ben.. hmm, he's all mysterious and sounds a little creepy, why does he want a baby????
ReplyDeleteHi Cristina - I hope you aren't offended by me calling him Bernard - it's just a we joke we have at home. We often mix up the names of actors. As for Ben - yep, creepy xxx
DeleteI saw the picture before I read the post, and I couldn't figure out who it was. Sherlock! Duh.
ReplyDeleteHow cool is your character! His last answer threw me for a loop! I love twists like that :) Great job!
Redeemed or avenged... nice dilemma... This sounds like a promising character
ReplyDeleteLove those Selkies! Nice job!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jess and Diane :o) It's going to be too big budget for a first screenplay but I do maybe see it as a book xxx
ReplyDeletedoes question his sanity ! cool interview x
ReplyDeleteThe Baby threw me...sounds like a promising character though.
ReplyDeleteThanks Kez - he's shaping up to be quite the nutter.
DeleteSara - all will become clear - stay tuned xxx
What an interesting character - and I love his answer to question 4!
ReplyDeleteWow, love interest and antagonist! I can see that causing some conflict. And he really sounds like he's out to cause trouble.
ReplyDelete