Wednesday, 25 January 2012

I Dun Winned a Pwize!


In the week that the Golden Globes were awarded (including one for what is THE television performance of the year by Peter Dinklage who won Best Supporting Actor for Tyrian Lannister in “Game Of Thrones” – he should have been nominated as Best Actor in my opinion as he is marvellous) and the nominations for the Academy Awards were announced, I was delighted that this little old blog of mine received its first ever and possibly only ever award. My thanks to my dear twitter friend and blog champion Chris James (http://chrisjames.cal24.pl/) for presenting me with a Versatile Blogger award (http://versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com/) and I am both extremely grateful and immensely chuffed – thank you Chris.

The rules of this harmless bit of fun are: to thank those that nominated you; to copy-and-paste the award logo in your own blog; to tell your readers seven random facts about you; and to nominate a further 15 blogs that you follow, and let them know. Please forgive me that I can’t link to them – Blogger is rubbish for that.
Right, here goes:



Seven random things about me: -
1. I have firewalked – in June 2007 I did so to raise money for the Scottish Association for Mental Health (SAMH - http://www.samh.org.uk/). It was a fantastic experience and I urge everyone to do it if you get the chance.
2. I have had a drink with actors Frazer Hines and Peter Mullan, albeit it not at the same time. Gentlemen both and very nice.
3. By the time I finished my first round of classes in stand-up comedy, there were only 2 women left and 11 men. She was a former Miss Scotland runner-up – she had no chance.(This reads as if she was too dumb to be a comedian - in fact the opposite was the case as she was excellent. What I meant was in the looks department!)
4. My daughter was born at home on the 19th floor of a multi storey flat. This was deliberate and planned – I merely asked about home births at my booking in appointment and was told I couldn’t have one. You can imagine my reaction to that!
5. My music-taste dirty secret is that I have all of Robbie Williams’ CDs and have been to see him play live.
6. While travelling to Glencoe in 1985, I hitched a lift in the catering truck for the movie “Highlander” I have shared space with crockery and cutlery used by Sir Sean Connery.
7. I have been a director of two companies so I haven’t been a work-shy malingering fop all of my life.

And here in no particular order are 15 blogs that I hope you’ll discover and enjoy as much as I do: -

Writer and one of my Twitter cheer-squad, the wonderfully supportive Eden Baylee’s blog (http://edenbaylee.wordpress.com/) with lots of good advice for writers and some cracking tunes.

Photographer ClipSnap’s Tumblr blog “Falling Through Stars” (http://clipsnap.tumblr.com/) with tons of amazing photographs, music and interesting stuff.

Another Twitter gal pal’s blog, this time the lovely Paula and her dating exploits (http://peasouppaula.blogspot.com/) - it’s like Sex In The City if that city was Carlisle, except way much better.

And another, from the erudite and fantastic Kate Laity (http://katewombat.blogspot.com/) - educational and just fabulous.

From the brilliant and hilarious Janey Godley (http://janeygodley.blogspot.com/) who is my comedy inspiration and a warm and wonderful woman. Also, check out her weekly podcast at http://janeygodley.podomatic.com/

Yet another from a Twitter mate but this time a fella (yes I do know men!) – the gorgeous writings of Les Floyd (http://lesism.blogspot.com/)

Illustrator and another champion of my blog is the sweet and lovely Dean Harkness (http://deanus.posterous.com/)

Poet extraordinaire and another great friend of my blog is the delightful Kez (http://lifeindegrees.blogspot.com/)

The 3rd member of my Triberr supporters and all round amazing rabble-rouser for my rantings is the wonderful novelist Suzie Carr (http://curveswelcomed.blogspot.com/)

More from Twitter and this time it’s emerging writer and blogger Jamie Jones (http://jamiedmj.blogspot.com/) - give him your encouragement, as he is a fine fella.

A fantastically funny woman who gave me support when I was at a low comedy ebb is the magnificent Jo Caulfield (http://blog.jocaulfield.com/).

Also, another talented and cracking lass is comedy writer Heather Hill (http://hell4heather.com/) - another dear Twitter friend.

If you fancy a bit of time travelling visit Chloe Greene’s 1980’s reminiscing (http://chroniclesofchloegreene.blogspot.com/) - I’m new to her blog but it’s fascinating.

Writer Paige Kellerman (http://www.paigekellerman.com/) is yet another fine woman, blog supporter and Twitter friend.

And lastly but by no means leastly, please visit yet another Twitter mate and also ardent supporter of my new get-fit-not-fat plan, the tour-de-force that is runner Janine (www.theramblingduck.com)

That’s your lot – although if I have missed you and you want a shout-out, let me know in the comments and I’ll feature you in a future post. Thanks and big hugs to all my blog readers – without you I’d be talking to myself (which I do anyway) xxx

8 comments:

  1. Interesting facts about you, Jeanne, thanks! And those blog recommendations of yours look very interesting, I'm looking forward to checking them out.
    Keep up the great work sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Chris - it's all down to you, this post. All the best xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww thanks for the mention honey your a star ...and well done on your I'm sure 1st of many awards x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading your facts;) Love Sean Connery, so am envious you hitched a ride with his cutlery! The one and only time I hitched a ride I ended up squished into the rusty bed of a pick up truck in the rain!

    Thanks for the sweet mention of my blog;)

    Suzie Carr

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kez & Suzie - remember, it's over to you know as I pass the baton xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, thank you, thank you! You are too sweet, and I am very honored! ...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like Sally Field -You Like Me, YOU REALLY LIKE ME!

    Thanks honey, I will certainly follow your recommendations for bloggers to follow. As I 've done this a few times in the past, I've tapped out my writer friends with awards, but I will come up with a post that honors your mention of me - you're fab! Love all the little unknown facts about you (now they're known, ha!)

    eden
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paige - you are most welcome. And you too Eden. Keep the Robbie Williams thing to yourself though, will ya? :o) xxx

    ReplyDelete