
Yes, I watched "Jarhead" last night but for goodness' sake don't ask me what it was about. The combination of Captain Morgan rum Cuba Libres and the sight of the Jakester running around half-naked then almost totally, apart from a Santa hat and thong was enough to give yours truly one helluva girl-boner. We were watching this DVD (craftily spotted by Gee in a charidee shop for a quid!) not only to satisfy this old mare's Gyllenhaal obsession but because Vee is now in rehearsals for a play called "Grandfathers" about a group of young people fighting in a war in the Middle East. She'll hear today which role - her first named role and speaking part - she is to play. I'm excited in a sort of proud-mummy way and maybe a wee bit in a Rosalind-Russell-in-Gypsy

way as my only role on the stage was as Reuben in an almost all-female production of "Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat" when I was about Vee's age. I had to sing a song on my own - "Canaan Days" - and in typically supportive fashion my mother doubted my ability until the opening night when she ran up to me afterwards exclaiming "You can sing!". I know that I can be a better cheerleader to our Vee.
Anyway, enough of this guff - you're here for the songs and todays' is a doozie. Kyla La Grange is a young woman from London who puts me in mind of Melanie or Marianne Faithfull but a bit more grindcore (ooh look who's down with the kids!). As ever, much love and enjoy xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment