Thursday, 8 December 2011

Advent calendar day 8

Greetings from a windswept and interesting Glasgow!
The schools are off so we have Vee moping around the house, pretending to do revision and avoiding attempts to get her to do housework. Before we battened down the hatches, Gee finally went up to Asda to exchange our broker vacuum cleaner for a new one so I took the opportunity to tidy up and get the Winter tree up. I'm resisting calling it an Xmas tree as it doesn't have a star or fairy on top. We also brought out Sparkle the reindeer - maybe we should put her on the tree?

Coincidentally, last night we watched Terrence Malick's film "The Tree Of Life". It's not for the faint-hearted as it requires you to just sit and let it wash over you, making of it what you will. We all enjoyed it and took away different things from it. As a fledgeling screenwriter, I think it's a very bold move to make a point-of-view family story with few words combined with visual effects of space by Douglas Trumbull who did the effects for "2001". Brad Pitt is fast becoming one of my favourite actors, even though I still can't see what gets other gals hot under the collar and keep an eye out for Hunter McCracken who played the younger version of Sean Penn's character - a really intense young man with an unfortunate name. And yes, we liked the dinosaurs!

Today's musical delight comes from Christina Perri. It's not "Jar Of Hearts" which surprised me and shattered my cool by getting to the top of the old Hit Parade but I hope you like it xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment