
I must apologise again for the short and (not so) sweet blog posts. My mind has been elsewhere the past few days since I received a call from my bank manager - which still sounds frightfully grown-up and alien to me. I treated it as if I had been called to the headmaster's office and got into a major grump about it. Suffice to say that we are now minus an overdraft but plus a loan and for the first time in 10 months our account is in credit! We are going to have to really scrimp and watch every penny until Gee gets a job, as the business seems to have died a death. Thankfully we haven't made any big plans but it's it looks like 2012 is going to be a poorer year than this one.
I should also say that exactly 10 years ago today, we moved from our beetle-ridden concrete multi-storey flat on the 19th floor to our wee house in Tollcross.
Still, it's not all gloom and doom - just mostly. I went to see a recording of Frank Skinner's show "Opinionated" at the BBC in Glasgow. His guests were the always excellent Reginald D. Hunter and Sarah Millican and it was a good laugh. If you are reading this on the 15th, it's on tonight on BBC2 at 10pm and iPlayer for a few days after.
It's still prelims fever here - there was a major upset yesterday when the invigilator for Vee's History exam started it late then chucked them out half an hour early despite their protests - including Vee who was on her last question which was worth 5 marks. I spoke to her teacher today who is obviously not a happy man - not only because he expressly told the person overseeing the exam that his exam was running longer but that he now has to set up exam conditions in his own class time. Vee got a 1 in her practical music (which was on her singing "Secret Love"), a 1 and a 2 for physics and a 2 in art (1 being the highest mark).
Today's little melody comes from my favourite female singer. Hafdis Huld is from Iceland and if you haven't encountered her before, I would urge you to check out her music. Last Xmas she gave away mp3s of her singing carols and she does free streamed live shows from her kitchen. This is one of my favourites and I know you will love it xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment