
First of all, I'd like to raise a toast in fond memory of one of my comedy heroes, the much missed Mr. William Melville Hicks, who would have been 50 today. He taught me that "Watching television is like taking black spray paint to your third eye" among many other things. Here's to ya, Bill xxx
Second, maybe you may remember back to Tuesday's blog when I asked for comments here on Twitter in compiling a "best of..." list to round off the year? Well, if you did then you're the only one apart from me as NOBODY else did. So, I have decided to round off the year by making my own list, basically chosen from the first workable batch of links that came up when I Googled "The Best". Leaving aside Tina Turner and Georgie, I came up with enough I think to keep me blogging til Hogmany. The first one that came up was "best songs" which I feel is being covered already so next was "best blogs". What? Apart from this one? If you look down to the right, you'll see a list of blogs that I follow. These are mostly by people as personal ones and I recommend them all. What I'll do is give you a few to check out a few subject specific ones -
The Mary Sue - A Guide to Girl Geek Culture www.themarysue.com - this is where I get most of my news about Dr Who, comics etc. from. Not just for the girls.
The Daily What - this is great for news, funnies, movie trailers and videos of wickle nanimals www.thedailywh.at and its sister site Set Phasers to LOL www.scifi.icanhascheezburger.com which is where my inner geek also hangs.
For music I always check out www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/laurenlaverne and www.largeheartedboy.com- good sources for free and legal mp3 downloads too.
The only man you can trust for honest opinion of the filmic nature is Dr. Mark Kermode and you'll find him at www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/markkermode
(I do apologise for not having the proper linky thing but Blogger isn't playing - sorry)
I'm sure I'll think of more but when I'm not blogging or Tweeting, that's where you'll find me, as opposed to over a rainbow. Where they weigh a pie, apparently.
If you've hung on this long, you must be here for the music so to thank you for your patience, here's a band that I only got into last year but who have remained firm favourites since. And they have the lovely Christopher Eccleston in their videos too which is always a bonus . xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment