
Once again - mega-apologies for the tardy posting. I was up at 6.30 a.m. to have a shower then walk the dog IN THE SNOW! After that I had to go shopping for provisions - nothing is bleaker than walking around a shopping mall at 8.55 a.m. practically on your own, listening to tinny Xmas muzak. This was mean old me maximising my all day ticket on the bus - all in all I was on 9 separate buses today.
I've also been to the gynaecologist - boys look away NOW - thankfully I don't have a prolapse but I do have a weak pelvic floor so am being referred to another physio and have to return in January fo a scan as I still feel like I have been kicked in the ladyballs. I still have the thyroidal blues too so am a sad wee bunny.
Tonight was also the last night of my class - I was too tired and scunnered and also too poor to go for drinks so I came home.
Highlight of the day NOT was listening to Women's Hour on BBC Radio 4, which seemed to have fallen into some kind of alternate reality where the majority of us aren't tightening our belts so far that we look like some kind of corsetry fetish convention. They had some women on who apparently is an expert Xmas cook and had all these f*cks phoning up asking about how long they should cook a goose in their Aga and whether to stuff a brace of pheasants with foie gras or chestnuts. WTF? I was so shocked I nearly stabbed the radio while diceing some celeriac for ratatouille! (By the way, I am a vegetarian and I cook shit like that all the time - the celeriac was 99p from Lidl).
The tree remains in the loft and I was completely unmoved by the Xmas lights and slush in the city centre so the grinchy-ness continues. I have written exactly one Xmas card.
Today choon is from another lovely wee lass singer - and she's Scottish too! Enjoy the vocal delight that is Smoothieforme aka Holly and keep warm and dry wherever you are xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment