Friday, 23 December 2011

Advent calendar day 23


Forgive me dear readers for what is once again a tardy post. I can give no other reason than I was off out galivanting in the town with my tribe then had friends over for dinner. Gee, Vee and I headed into the city centre for a wee stroll about. Gee's mum, my Mother Outlaw, had given Gee and I £20 despite being asked not to so I decided to spend it on some fripperies. I bought myself a DVD copy of "Certified Copy" which I had been after for a long time. It stars Juliette Binoche, who I have loved in an Alex-Kingston way since I first saw her in "Les Amants De Pont Neuf" many moons ago. It's going to be one of my festive treats. I also got myself some perfume in those wee sticks from Lush - Tuca Tuca and Lust, which is basically Flying Fox, so at least I will smell nice. I have a few quid left so I might put that towards Leverage Season 2 which I have had on my Amazon wishlist for ages. We went to the former continental market, which is now a global market (!) where we picked up a rather cool hat for Vee - she was a great hat wearer as a baby but it's been nigh impossible to get her to wear one in this weather - until now. She is wearing it as we speak, like some wee hipster chick.
On the way home we went into ASDA for a few extras for the weekend and had to wait in a long queue. My tactic (as I had been expecting to wait) was to read a book while Gee went off to get his boot fixed (the sole was hanging off and he looked like a hobo - we looked in some shoe shops. Why do almost every man's shoe have a zip and laces? If the zip goes they're fooked). It made me laugh at people getting all stressed and to see who was buying "guilt" gifts.
No "best of" tonight sorry as I am tired and a wee bit the best for wear so here is a wee song from my favourite boy singer, Christian Kane. Only 2 more sleeps people - enjoy xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment