Friday, 9 December 2011

Advent calendar day 9

Boy, the days are fairly flying in now. I woke up to a sunny Glasgow with blue skies and nary a breeze. What a difference from yesterday when I wouldn't have been surprised to have looked out of the door to see a load of Munchkins singing outside next to a yellow brick road.
I see that "Dishface Dave" (as Fleet Street Fox has so aptly named him on Twitter)is taking on the might of the 2 headed beast that is Merkozy at the European summit like Corporal Jones from "Dad's Army". I keep expecting to hear him say - "they don't like it up 'em."
To my friends south of the border, I say come and live here in Scotland. Okay, we may not have the weather but unless you live in Devon/ Cornwall/ Dorset/ Kent who does? And we do have the shittiest football team in the world but then yours isn't much better these days so you can give up reliving past glories (1966 anyone?) and get behind Andy Murray because someone should. You can get away from all the hype around the Olympics and join us in preparing for the Commonwealth Games in 2014 instead and marvel at what in hell the people of the East End are going to do with a velodrome afterwards - probably let wee neds on tiny motorbikes race round it when the rollergirls have a night off - although you do have to agree to make sandwiches and put up an athlete in your spare room! Being realistic, you'll have free prescriptions, your kids at university won't have to pay tuition fees and when you're older you don't have to sell your home if you need to be looked after. But best of all, the Sensational Alex Salmond Gastric Band are getting rid of Trident, bringing an airforce and jobs back to places like Lossiemouth and Kinloss and because they see being part of Europe meaning closer ties with our Scandinavian neighbours, we have a deal to get "Forbrydelsen" and "Wallander" before you do.

Today's tune comes from Bon Iver,from the French bon hiver meaning "have a good winter", which I think is nicely appropriate. So I wish you un bon hiver and Happy Friday xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment